Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Five-day Break

So starts a five-day break.

I have been temporarily relieved from the daunting task of staring at hondybee cells under that glaring light of the microscope, hoping those hopelessly oblivious cells might catch a glimpse of my eye through the scope and be encouraged to increase in numbers. Yet being ejected from the lab for two days only equates to being ushered into the largely unexplored world of proteomic conferences. I'm certain the presenters will be able to inspire a sense of wonder provoke thought - wondering what on earth he is talking about and thinking of where to grab a bite to eat after she's done XD

on a more solemn note, I have managed to incur more charges on my credit card than I currently have available in my bank account. Definitely not the best predicament to be in the midst of, and one that I do not intend to repeat ever again, but I am fully expected to receive my first installment of payment from UBC on the 23rd......(tho i must admit, this situation is technically not true. I do have funds in my Tax-free Savings Account, but I just consider them immoveable)

No comments:

Post a Comment