Monday, June 15, 2009

Becoming a Guitar Hero

Well, after the piano and the drums, I have decided that the guitar would be a good next step in my musical endeavour.

Driven partly by the fact that every youth pastor knows how to play the guitar (not that I am one, but there just might be a chance somewhere down the road), partly by the fact that I do have some extra funds stemming from co-op, and overwhelmingly by the fact that most of the songs that i know of sounds sooo sooo much better on the guitar, I have decided that I will venture into that unknown realm with not a single guitar chord in my belt (and maybe rudimentary strings knowledge from grade 6)

So, dropping by Long and McQuade the other day, the sales suggested this:


The Crafter GAE6/N......original $999, now on clearance for $399.......now, having absolutely no knowledge of guitars, I only had his words that it was a great deal.....I knew i was looking for an acoustic guitar that can also be plugged into an amp (just in case there ever was a need), but asides from that and having done some preliminary research online and finding one for $315, I really had no clue and was hesitant to dive directly into the deal.

So I placed it on hold, and asked Dot, our trusty choirmaster, to pull some strings with her musician friends and ask if it was worth it. After all, $399 after tax means $450, and it was more than my initial budget of around $350. But she got back to me and said it was a "fantastic deal", so I shall go ahead with the purchase.

However, there is one catch.........I do not know when I can actually get it.......They close at 6 Mon-Wed, and there's no way i can make it there after work. They close at 9 Thurs and Fri, and I'm busy both nights. They close at 6 on Sat, but then I'm busy all Saturday since it's the last day of Chinese School......and since they will only hold it for a week there really is no other time......I'll give them a call tomorrow to see if I can pay for it over the phone and Jenn can get it for me......either that, or I'll see if i can get them to hold it for another week........

4 comments:

  1. i tried out guitar for awhile before i left for hk

    gotta pick it up again

    yeah about the materialistic
    sure u can be ne where in the world
    but for my personally i will be harsh materialistic if i stayed there cause everything i want is there

    unlike if i stayed in van
    everything i want is like online purchase
    and am not so keen on that so yeah

    ReplyDelete
  2. aikes... good luck! I envy those that can play the guitar. I've never been able to successfully pick up a string instrument ><

    ReplyDelete
  3. ever heard of relient K? they're a christian (based) band.. but some of their songs songs almost single handedly made me want to take up the guitar. sadly, lost my motivation to when school came around -_-..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo guitar. Good luck practicing when you get it (somehow). I never could play any instruments myself.

    ReplyDelete