Thursday, August 20, 2009

Drunk at the Lab

The story goes that someone at the lab got their paper accepted, and so we had a little celebration before lunch with some bee-shaped cookies and some honey whiskey (or more appropriately, honey diluted with whiskey)


Now I've never had anything this strong ever before.....so i was rather startled by how repugnant it smelled (yes, I'm definitely no fan of alcohol).....but of course, out of politeness I had to finish the cup I was given......by the time I was finished everything kinda tilted to the right and walking in a straight line presented a bit of a challenge XD.......and i also developed a headache for the rest of the afternoon.........good thing i didnt have anything intensive to do, just more bacterial plating

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHAAHAHA. That just made my day.
    Working a bit drunk is always fun, admit it, it was wasn't it!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL wow, that's a side of you I haven't seen yet =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you couldn't walk to the sink and discreetly pour half of it away =p

    ReplyDelete