Monday, June 8, 2009

Upped

It was actually quite the miracle I had time to go watch Up tonight, and I'm even more happy to say that I definitely was not disappointed =P True, Monsters vs. Aliens was not exactly bad, but when you compare it with Up there is not a doubt that Pixar really is the better animation studio =P


*Spoiler warning*

I actually found the beginning mini clip very cute =P....with the little animals and the pink clouds. But i thought the idea of that sad grey cloud who always make those unconventional babies very neat =P....I suppose the world needs those grey clouds, doing the necessary but not very popular things with the best of intentions.....in a way that's how i feel sometimes.....just maybe not with the same sort of innocence the cloud had with the alligators and the electric eels......

Onto the movie proper, it was definitely a very cute movie. But what really caught my attention was not so much the animation or even the story line, it was the turning point. I thought it was such an "awwww....." moment....with Carl on the verge of tears thinking he had brought the house to Paradise Falls (ironic name, ain't it?) in vain when he had failed to help Ellie realize her dream when she was still alive, and yet all along, Ellie had treasured every moment she spent with Carl and thought that to be the best adventure of her life.....

*Spoiler ends*


And really that got me thinking......as I stood up when the credits rolled and the house lights came on, and I stared at Jenn's back as we walked towards the aisle, I just couldn't help but think: God willing, I'll be spending the rest of my life with her......and it was at that moment, despite the fact that I was never much of a fan for adventures, I felt an inkling of excitement in me when i realized that it probably will be the best adventure of my life as well.

3 comments:

  1. A mailbox with "Stephen & Jenn" some time in the future? =p

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that really deserves an "awwwww" moment

    did you tell her you had that thought??

    ReplyDelete